U.S. PASSPORT INSTRUCTION REQUIREMENTS –
(new U.S. State Dept. fees eff. 07-13/2010)
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE certified by The Registrar of Vital Statistics Long Form Version. The “Long Form Birth Certificate” indicates the mandatory requirement for Parental Information to be included on the Birth Certificate for all Applicants regardless of age
- IDENTIFICATION – A NJMVC Driver’s License or State Identification Card and certain types of Employee and Government Photo ID (call for detailed information about acceptable ID)
- PHOTOGRAPHS – One 2″x2″ professional w/ white background taken within last 6 months- PASSPORT PHOTOS CAN BE TAKEN AT SOME COUNTY CLERK LOCATIONS ($10.00)
- YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER is required on all Passport Applications
FEES FOR OBTAINING A PASSPORT BOOK OR PASSPORT CARD:
ADULTS; TO OBTAIN A FIRST TIME PASSPORT BOOK; OR IF YOU HAVE A PASSPORT EXPIRED MORE THAN 5 YEARS; YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO USE THE DS-82 “MAIL IN FORM”; PASSPORT FEES BY AGE,
AGE 16 AND OVER:
BOOK: $110.00 CHECK OR MONEY ORDER PAYABLE TO: U.S. DEPT. OF STATE
CARD: $30.00 (same payment method as above)
AGENT PROCESSING/ EXECUTION FEE: $25.00 PAYABLE TO: ATLANTIC COUNTY CLERK *
- ALL EXECUTION PROCESSING FEES MUST BE PAID SEPARATELY FROM THE FEDERAL FEES
MINORS AGE 15 AND UNDER:
PASSPORT BOOK $80 CHECK OR Money Order Payable to U.S. DEPT. OF STATE
AGENT PROCESSING /EXECUTION FEE: $25 PAYABLE TO: ATLANTIC COUNTY CLERK (SEPARATE FEE)*
CARD: $15 (same payment method as above) plus $25.00 processing fee if applied for separately.
EXPEDITED SERVICE: For faster service [when necessary] an ADDITIONAL $60.00 should be included with the base Passport Price Payment Check for the U.S. Department of State. Return Postage fees may also be applicable. This rush service is available to all Passport Applicants upon your request.
NOTICE FOR ALL MINOR PASSPORT APPLICANTS – EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!
Minors, age 15 and younger; require BOTH parents to sign Passport Application IN-PERSON unless there is a Sole Custodial Parental Custodial Court Order (original) or a FORM-DS-3053 “Consent Form” which should be designated and signed by the non appearing parent. This Form MUST be notarized properly and a legible copy of the front and back of the non-appearing parent’s Driver’s License or other acceptable Identification MUST be submitted with the DS-3053.
BIRTH CERTIFICATES: All applicants MUST submit the “Long Form” State/Local Certified Birth Certificate which indicates the NAMES OF BOTH PARENTS (when applicable; when both parents are listed).
ALL APPLICANTS, ADULTS, AND MINORS, MUST APPEAR IN PERSON! The only exception is for Adult Applicants who are eligible for the DS-82 Mail-In Application. (call us for forms and specific details)
- Estimated turn-around times: ROUTINE 6 WEEKS – EXPEDITED – 2 TO 3 WEEKS
- The Time-Frames above are only estimates and are subject to change by the U.S. Passport Agency without notice
- HELPFUL WEBSITES:
PASSPORT INFO: www.travel.state.gov
BIRTH CERTIFICATES: www.vitalchek.com
- Check U.S. Passport Application Status or call 1-877-487-2778