Passports Services Open Late Wednesdays Till 5:45
U.S. PASSPORT INSTRUCTION REQUIREMENTS –
(new U.S. State Dept. fees eff. 07-13/2010)
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE certified by The Registrar of Vital Statistics Long Form Version. The “Long Form Birth Certificate” indicates the mandatory requirement for Parental Information to be included on the Birth Certificate for all Applicants regardless of age
- IDENTIFICATION – A NJMVC Driver’s License or State Identification Card and certain types of Employee and Government Photo ID (call for detailed information about acceptable ID)
- PHOTOGRAPHS – One 2″x2″ professional w/ white background taken within last 6 months- PASSPORT PHOTOS CAN BE TAKEN AT SOME COUNTY CLERK LOCATIONS ($10.00)
- YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER is required on all Passport Applications
FEES FOR OBTAINING A PASSPORT BOOK OR PASSPORT CARD:
ADULTS; TO OBTAIN A FIRST TIME PASSPORT BOOK; OR IF YOU HAVE A PASSPORT EXPIRED MORE THAN 5 YEARS; YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO USE THE DS-82 “MAIL IN FORM”; PASSPORT FEES BY AGE,
AGE 16 AND OVER:
BOOK: $110.00 CHECK OR MONEY ORDER PAYABLE TO: U.S. DEPT. OF STATE
CARD: $30.00 (same payment method as above)
AGENT PROCESSING/ EXECUTION FEE: $25.00 PAYABLE TO: ATLANTIC COUNTY CLERK *
- ALL EXECUTION PROCESSING FEES MUST BE PAID SEPARATELY FROM THE FEDERAL FEES
MINORS AGE 15 AND UNDER:
PASSPORT BOOK $80 CHECK OR Money Order Payable to U.S. DEPT. OF STATE
AGENT PROCESSING /EXECUTION FEE: $25 PAYABLE TO: ATLANTIC COUNTY CLERK (SEPARATE FEE)*
CARD: $15 (same payment method as above) plus $25.00 processing fee if applied for separately.
EXPEDITED SERVICE: For faster service [when necessary] an ADDITIONAL $60.00 should be included with the base Passport Price Payment Check for the U.S. Department of State. Return Postage fees may also be applicable. This rush service is available to all Passport Applicants upon your request.
NOTICE FOR ALL MINOR PASSPORT APPLICANTS – EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!
Minors, age 15 and younger; require BOTH parents to sign Passport Application IN-PERSON unless there is a Sole Custodial Parental Custodial Court Order (original) or a FORM-DS-3053 “Consent Form” which should be designated and signed by the non appearing parent. This Form MUST be notarized properly and a legible copy of the front and back of the non-appearing parent’s Driver’s License or other acceptable Identification MUST be submitted with the DS-3053.
BIRTH CERTIFICATES: All applicants MUST submit the “Long Form” State/Local Certified Birth Certificate which indicates the NAMES OF BOTH PARENTS (when applicable; when both parents are listed).
ALL APPLICANTS, ADULTS, AND MINORS, MUST APPEAR IN PERSON! The only exception is for Adult Applicants who are eligible for the DS-82 Mail-In Application. (call us for forms and specific details)
- Estimated turn-around times: ROUTINE 6 WEEKS – EXPEDITED – 2 TO 3 WEEKS
- The Time-Frames above are only estimates and are subject to change by the U.S. Passport Agency without notice
- HELPFUL WEBSITES:
PASSPORT INFO: www.travel.state.gov
BIRTH CERTIFICATES: www.vitalchek.com
- Check U.S. Passport Application Status or call 1-877-487-2778
The County Clerk’s Office is available to group, organizations, and schools for the processing of passport applications and photo identification cards. The Clerk’s Office is proud to be an active participant in a variety of community events throughout the county. Please call for further information.
County Identification Cards
Beginning January 1, 2013 County Photo Identification Cards are available to senior county residents, 60 and over, only at our Mays Landing office. Included on this card is your photo, name, address, date of birth, height, weight, eye and hair color, and signature.
COUNTY CLERK PHOTO ID CARD REQUIREMENTS:
These are the most current guidelines. Updated March 2007.
IN ORDER TO OBTAIN A COUNTY CLERK PHOTO IDENTIFICATION CARD YOU MUST PRESENT AT LEAST ONE ITEM FROM ALL THREE CATEGORIES
- PROOF OF UNITED STATES CITIZENSHIP OR A LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENCE STATUS CARD (ALSO KNOWN AS A “GREEN CARD”). ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS ONLY!! STATE ISSUED BIRTH CERTIFICATE WITH GOVERNMENT RAISED EMBOSSED SEAL OR A UNITED STATES PASSPORT. ALL OTHER APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT POSSESS THE ABOVE DOCUMENTS SHOULD INQUIRE ABOUT ID CARDS AT THE NEAREST NJ MOTOR VEHICLE COMMISSION
- VERIFICATION OF YOUR LEGAL SIGNATURE (some examples): A SIGNED Social Security Card which reflects your current signature, a Driver’s License, major credit cards, gasoline, or bank cards pre-signed, social services cards, military ID, court, school, or medical records, a deed, employee ID, or signed tax return copy. Apt. and Condo Leases are NOT acceptable.In some cases we would ask you to bring in early documentation of your identity such as early school records or a High School Year Book with your photo and name. This would only provide us with supplementary identification and is not acceptable without the other citizenship and residency requirements.
- PROOF OF ATLANTIC COUNTY RESIDENCE (some examples): New Jersey Driver’s License, Utility Bill, landline phone bill, postmarked BUSINESS mail within the last 30 days, Voter Registration Card, recent postmarked correspondence from a court, a hospital, attorney, The Casino Control Commission, a school or college, or a recorded property Deed. No leases accepted! You must prove you are a resident of Atlantic County, New Jersey.
THESE ITEMS ARE MANDATORY BY NJ LAW AND COUNTY CLERK POLICY.
NO ID CARDS WILL BE ISSUED WITHOUT THESE DOCUMENTS!!
A detailed list of ID card requirements is available upon request.
Atlantic County Clerk’s Office offers diversified services to the residents of Atlantic County. While the primary contribution of the office is the recording of real estate transactions, the office also provides services to residents such as County ID Cards, senior citizen and veterans services, election services, passports and business services. Information is available on all of these services under “Services” in the navigation above.